Immigration to Sweden and introduction
Immigration to Sweden, residence permit in Sweden and the conditions for obtaining Swedish visas is subject to this article. Sweden located in northern Europe and is Scandinavian Country, which today has found countless supporters for immigration. That’s why many people are looking for the best way to immigrate to Sweden every day and want to get permanent Swedish residence through the best way. That’s why MIE Consulting Agency, the leading law firm in the Middle East, prepared this article for you to read and get familiar with ways of immigration to Sweden. In this article, we first examine a variety of ways to immigrate to Sweden in order to finally answer the question of the best way to immigrate to Sweden.
Every day, many people send an email to MIE Consulting Agency to help them find the best way to immigrate to Sweden, including investing and registering a company in Sweden, and studying immigration to Sweden to study at Swedish universities as well as obtaining Swedish citizenship and residence. In order to answer the question of the best way to immigrate to Sweden, you must first examine your conditions and apply to all types of immigration Choose the best Swedish way to immigrate to Sweden.
Immigration to Sweden and Frequently asked questions
Immigration to Sweden, Dual Citizenship in Sweden and Loss of Citizenship
The Swedish law has changed in 2001 and recognized the dual citizenship.
Swedish citizenship through naturalization: The following conditions must apply to obtain Swedish citizenship through naturalization.
When you have lived in Sweden for a specified period and meet the other requirements, you can apply for a Swedish citizenship.
- be able to prove your identity.
- have reached the age of 18.
- have a permanent residence permit, a right of residence or residence card in Sweden.
- have fulfilled the requirements for period of residence (lived in Sweden for a specified period)
- have conducted yourself well in Sweden.
Immigration to Sweden through birth
Individuals born in Sweden after April 1, 2015 automatically acquire Swedish citizenship on the following terms:
- one of the parents is a Swedish citizen at the time of the child’s birth
- a deceased parent of the child was a Swedish citizen upon their death.
Persons born before April 1, 2015 in Sweden can earn Swedish Citizenship under the following conditions.
- The child of a Swedish mother will always become a Swedish citizen.
- The child of a Swedish father and a foreign mother will always become a Swedish citizen if the child is born in Sweden. If the father is married to the mother, the child shall receive Swedish citizenship at birth, irrespective of where in the world the birth takes place.
- The child of a foreign mother who is married to, in a registered partnership with, or is the cohabiting partner of a Swedish woman will also become a Swedish citizen if the child is born in Sweden and insemination took place with the Swedish woman’s consent.
Immigration to Sweden through marriage
Sweden citizenship through marriage is one of the ways of immigration to Sweden. People who are married to a Swedish citizen can apply to live with their spouse in Sweden. To apply for this type of residence the Swedish spouse must show that she/he have sufficient income to support his/her spouse. Getting Swedish citizenship directly through marriage is not possible and the applicant must go through naturalization process. But in the naturalization process it is easier for a person who is living with a Swedish citizen to apply for citizenship. According to Swedish law:
If you are married to, living in a registered partnership with or cohabiting with a Swedish citizen, you can apply for Swedish citizenship after three years. In these cases, you must have been living together for the past two years. It is not enough to be married to one another; you must also live together.
Immigration to Sweden through work
Immigration to Sweden through work is one of the best ways of immigration. Sweden unemployment rate is near 6% and this shows that the work conditions in Sweden is really good. But one thing that applicants of working in Sweden must be noticed is that for work and employment in Sweden the applicant need work permit in this country. There are legal steps to getting work permit in Sweden.
To obtain a work permit you must
- have a valid passport
- have been offered terms of employment that are at least on par with those set by Swedish collective agreements or which are customary within the occupation or industry
- have been offered a salary that is at least on par with that set by Swedish collective agreements or which is customary within the occupation or industry
- you must be offered a position that will enable you to support yourself. In order to satisfy this support requirement, you need to work to an extent that will result in a salary of at least SEK 13,000 per month before taxes
- have an employer who intends to provide insurance covering health, life, employment and pension when you begin to work.
The employer must have these conditions to be able to apply for work permit for the employee:
- advertise the position in Sweden and within EU and Switzerland for a minimum of ten days
- offer terms of employment that are at least on par with those set by Swedish collective agreements or which are customary within the occupation or industry
- offer a salary that is at least on par with those set by Swedish collective agreements or which is customary within the occupation or industry
- intend to provide health insurance, life insurance, occupational injury insurance and occupational pension insurance when the employee begins to work
- offer employment that enables the employee to support oneself. In order to satisfy this support requirement, the employee needs to work to an extent that will result in a salary of at least SEK 13,000 per month before taxes
- complete an offer of employment and allow the relevant trade union to provide a statement of opinion regarding the terms of employment.
With information above getting work permit in Sweden is not easy from outside of Europe so many applicants can’t go through this hard and time-consuming process and try to get the work permit by study permit on Sweden or other Nordic countries. Education in Nordic countries can lead to work permit and employment in these countries and one of the best ways of living in these countries Is through education in Nordic universities.
Immigration to Sweden through investment
For immigration to Sweden through investment one must start up his/her own business. Investment is one of the most favorite ways of immigration because it can lead to high profit in Europe and residency. But investment in Sweden without knowledge of market in Sweden and Swedish language is not easy. In Sweden there is no residency through investment in real estate or buying shares or such types of investment. Only way to get residence permit in Sweden by investment in through start up or running your own business. Self-employed people can apply for residence permit if they have requirements for establishing a new business in Sweden.
Requirements for obtaining a residence permit as a self-employed
In order to obtain a residence permit, you must
- have a valid passport
- show that you have significant experience in your field and previous experience of running your own business
- have documented and relevant knowledge in Swedish and/or English
- show that you are running the business, that you have the ultimate responsibility for it and that you own at least half of the business
- show that the business’ services or goods are sold and/or produced in Sweden
- show that you have sufficient funds to support you and, if applicable, your family during the first two years (equivalent to SEK 200,000 for you, SEK 100,000 for your spouse and SEK 50,000 for each accompanying child)
- show reliable source documentation for your budget
- show that you have established customer contacts and/or a network in Sweden
- show that your company, following a 2-year probationary period, will have its finances in balance and you have the ability to support yourself and, if applicable, your family (income support is calculated according to the Swedish national standard for income support plus housing costs).
The Swedish Migration Agency will assess your business plans from a financial perspective.
Immigration to Sweden through study
Finally, on the best way to immigrate to Sweden. If you are do not have working conditions, Swedish spouse or intention of investment, do not worry. You can immigrate to Sweden through education, and at the end you will be able to obtain permanent Swedish residence. The country that nowadays has the highest social security in the European Union for you to study. We offer you universities in the south of Sweden which are ideally suited for climate reasons. You can now apply for a Swedish Student Visa for any academic degree with no age limitation and you will be able to permanently reside in Sweden. Perhaps now, the question is whether you need a Swedish language qualification for admission from Sweden?
there are now universities in Sweden that you can get academic admission without the need for Swedish language. These universities are in English and you do not even need to have a high-level of English degree. You can only get an IELTS degree with a score of 5 to apply for language colleges in Sweden.
Accompanying conditions when studying in Sweden
Another question that may come to your attention is whether with Swedish study permit can students bring their families to Sweden?
Your answer is yes. Yeah By admitting you to Swedish universities, you can also apply for a visa to your spouse and children to come with you to Sweden and your Spouse will get work permit.
But you must be aware that tuition fee in English courses in Sweden is a bit high and it will cost usually more than 20.000 euro per year to study in Sweden for students outside of Europe.
Immigration to Sweden through asylum
Immigration to Sweden and the cost of immigration to this country
Like all countries in the world, the cost of living in Sweden also depends very much on the place and lifestyle. In brief, you can see some of the cost of living in Sweden below.
- Food: 250 Euro per month
- Accommodation: 400 euro per month
- Travel Fee: £ 550 per month
- Telephone and Internet: 30 Euro per month
The average living cost in Sweden is 1500 Euro in a month. But the living costs is different in different places in Sweden. Remember that Sweden is not a cheap country and living prices in Sweden is a bit high. In major cities like Stockholm price of 1-bedroom house in city center is more that 1000 euro per month.